Monday, November 7, 2011

Bed bug forums

The last time I spoke with you, following my father's suggestion, I had turned to the forum world to deal with my bed-bug induced neurosis. I was frightened and needed to hear the stories of my  fellow afflicted. I found a few comments that really helped me. But...

There were a few others that just horrified me. One guy (not sure if his story was legit by the way) said his mother was driven insane by a bed bug infestation. This guy claimed his mother, who lived in Queens, was a happy person before encountering these nasty little bugs. She found a colony of them living in the corner of her bed one morning, and overnight, became the Howard Hughes of her neighborhood.
Howard Hughes
 She wore latex gloves all day, every day, and would not allow anyone to cross the threshold into her house. It seems an exterminator had come to her house, but the bugs remained. Or at least she thought they did. Whether this story was true is beside the point. Bed bug  horror stories are part of the zeitgeist. Human beings love a good scary story, and bed bugs, in some small way, fulfill that need.

No comments:

Post a Comment